Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tomorrow, Everything Changes

Write, and you glue your thoughts. Thoughts that would often flee into myriad directions and shift form, become trapped. This process, which I've embarked upon only a week ago, has proven foremost that I've become a different person. I was too energetic, had too many outlets of creativity as a teenager. At one point, writing was only a half-step above a complete waste of time. Now, writing has encouraged my ponderings to sustain, to bleed into every other decision I make during the day. And whether I like what it's done or not, it's certainly fueled my convictions. Travel is on my mind, always. And if it's not at the surface, it is undeniably sulking not far below.

Tomorrow, I act out a move I may not have been bold enough to do had I not written about travel, encouraged my resolve, and pursued my options.

Tomorrow I leave behind my stake as an an undervalued but essential pawn, dragged along into the voodoo economics of a bay area startup, making a product for a dubious niche, of little value but to the company partnership's dreams of a Yahoo buyout. I leave it behind for fewer hours of work, better pay, a noble goal, a better lifestyle, and, perhaps best of all, a deadline. At the end of 2006, I will be free of obligation.

Tomorrow is a milestone day. I build the cairn. To only know what form of ag'ed eyes I will regard it from... I can see it forming now. Before it was just a hope. Now it is a defendable probability: 2007 will be the year I return to my vagabonding. Ho!

The only thing that stands before me now is a confrontation. I must throw it all down and walk out. Leave these idlers of a different nature to their idling ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home